Gallery is no longer accepting submissions for exhibition or our Residency Program.
“Cabin of the Sublime – Or Not” is a two-week residency focused on refection and critical thinking. This is not the place you come to feverishly produce. A space has been built for artists to reflect, contemplate, muse; an intimate cabin that calls for your thoughts to fill it, not data from the web, nor impressions from critics, curators, or collectors – designed simply for your voice.
Breaking away from the studio can be an important component of the art process. The cabin has been created to nurture creative thought:
- At the beginning of a project, when you don’t want to squash a critical playful period, but need some clarity on direction and purpose
- In the middle of a project, when its time to make critical decisions
- Near the end of a project, a time to evaluate and decide if directional changes are required, or you simply desire a more layered understanding of your work
- Between projects, to reflect on where you’ve come and where you’d like to focus next.
“Cabin of the Sublime – Or Not”
- Your own private cabin, and abundant possibilities to connect with nature, plus just a train ride to Chicago and its dynamic art scene
- An 8 ft X 8 ft cabin on a lake.
- A room in the main house for logging
- Shared use of a studio in the main house, should you want to “play”
- Transportation to the Metro, for visits to Chicago. The Metro is 1 hour and 10 min to the gallery scene, $13 round trip. The Cabin is located in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago – Crystal lake, IL.
- Connections to artists and galleries in Chicago
- Spring through fall – kayak and canoe for lake use
- Nature trails
- Ice fishing and ice skating in winter
We are no longer accepting Submissions. The Residency has been closed for the foreseeable future.
Founder and Director
For more information